COVID-19 & COPD
Patient’s with COPD are among the worst affected by COVID-19. At this time, you should continue your current medication regimen. Currently there is no specific treatment for or vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Other things that you can do to prepare for COVID-19:
- Stock up on Supplies
- Avoid known COPD Triggers
- Make sure you have your rescue medications.
- IF you use your rescue medications contact our office immediately.
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick.
- Clean your hands often by washing with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid crowds and people who are sick.
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- During a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
- If someone in your home is sick, have them stay away from the rest of the household to reduce the risk of spreading the virus in your home.
- Avoid sharing personal household items such as cups and towels.
- Strong emotions can also trigger your COPD. Please reach out to our counselor so that she can take steps to help you cope with stress and anxiety.